Information to help you make the move
Movingtothebigisland.com was created as an information resource for those that plan to move the Kailua-Kona/West Hawaii areas.
Although I cannot personally help in your move, I have covered what I hope will be the essential information you will need to guide you through the process:
- Shipping your belongings, Cars and Bringing Pets
- Short and Long Term Rentals, Big Island Real Estate -MLS Search
- Drivers License, Car Registration, State Hawaii ID information, and basic Driving Laws
- Utilities – Setting up power, gas, cable, phones and the internet
- Job information
- Schools (Public and Private) Clubs Adults /Kids and Kids Summer Camps
- Heath services
- Hawaii State Programs for Adults / Children with Special Needs (Learning Disabilities)
Use our FAQ as a quick start resource guide.